- Why don't you have many ghost pictures on your website?
- We only post photos that seem to provide evidence of the paranormal. All photos we post are thoroughly analyzed. We also conduct tests to try and duplicate the photo through natural means.
- I want you to check out a haunting. How do I contact you?
- You can contact us through the email address located at the top of this page.
- I have a picture I think is a ghost. How do I send it to you for analysis?
- You can contact us through the email address by clicking on the email link located on the right of this page. Please allow us a few days to respond.
- Pronunciation: clair·voy·ance
ability to perceive matters beyond the range of ordinary perception
- Pronunciation: /'dE-m&n/
an evil spirit, the source or agent of evil, harm, distress, or ruin.
- Pronunciation: 'gOst
a disembodied soul; especially: the soul of a dead person believed to be an inhabitant of the unseen world or to appear to the living in bodily likeness.
- Pronunciation: 'honted, 'hänted
a ghost that stays around or lingers at a single place
- Pronunciation: 'orb
a spherical celestial object
- Pronunciation: 'pOl-t&r-"gIst
a noisy usually mischievous ghost held to be responsible for unexplained noises
- Pronunciation: "par-&-'nor-m&l, 'par-&-"
not scientifically explainable
- Pronunciation: 'skep-tik
One who does not believe in the idea of the paranormal.
- Pronunciation: spec·ter
a visible disembodied spirit or something that haunts or perturbs the mind
- Pronunciation: 'spir-&t
a supernatural being or essence, an often malevolent being that is bodiless but can become visible, a malevolent being that enters and possesses a human being
- Pronunciation: "sü-p&r-'na-ch&-r&l
of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe
- Pronunciation: 'vor-"teks
an orb moving very fast in a picture making it a continuousbline
- Orbs are most commonly believed to be the materialization of a spirit. In theory the orb requires less energy than other forms spirits can take. This form should be perfectly round. Think of a ball. The air inside the ball pressing out with equal force on all sides gives the ball its shape. Assuming there are no imperfections in the manufacturing of the ball it will be perfectly round. Energy reacts very similar to the air inside the ball. The energy expended to create an orb would be equal in all directions causing a perfectly shaped orb. Orbs can appear in many sizes and colors.
Dust, moisture, or other airborne particles cause most orbs in photos. Light from the flash is reflected back to the camera causing a circular image to appear. Since most particles are not of uniform size or shape, the image will usually have imperfections or flat sides. Most orb photos tend to have a hazy middle that is translucent or transparent. A true orb should be perfectly round and be a solid opaque color or have a clear inner section with a central nucleus
- Poltergeist is German for "noisy ghost". Poltergeist activity usually involves objects moving on their own, unexplainable noises, and apparitions. Poltergeist activity is often violent. At the center of most poltergeist activity is an adolescent child.
There are two theories regarding poltergeists.
1. Stress caused by the changes during adolescence causes some individuals to attract "outside forces" to them. "Outside forces" may be spirits, ghosts, demons, or many other beings that exist on planes other than our own. As the individual becomes older and gets better control over the stresses they are feeling the power of the "outside forces" diminishes.
2. During this time some individuals develop abilities such as psychokinesis. The events are creations of that individual. As with theory one this ability declines, as the person becomes older.
Both theories have valid points, but more than likely poltergeists are a combination of the two.
Relax, It's Only A Ghost (paperback): My Adventures with Spirits, Hauntings and Things That Go Bump in the Night by Echo Bodine
This book can seem far-fetched to those of us who aren't highly developed psycics. Overall the book is a good read and provides useful tips on dealing with a ghost in your home
The Ghost Hunters Bible: Definitive Edition by Trent Brandon
This book is an excellent reference book for any level of ghost hunter. This book is a good source of paranormal definitions, paranormal investigation procedures, and famous ghost stories. - Eric
Hauntings! Real Life Encounters with Troubled Spirits (Original title: True Hauntings: Spirits with a Purpose) by Hazel M. Denning, Ph.D.
Well Written and informative book. Hazel Denning covers different cases she has worked on as a Paranormal Investigator. She also gives good information on different types of hauntings.
The Death and Afterlife Book: The Encyclopedia of Death, Near Death, and Life After Death by James R. Lewis, Raymond A., Jr. Moody
This book is an excellent reference book on the death and afterlife beliefs of many religions and cultures. A must have for any paranormal enthusiast.
The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits by Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Forwarded by Tom Perrott and Troy Taylor
A great source of definitions and stories. This book is an all around good reference book for the paranormal investigator. - Eric
How to Hunt Ghosts: A Practival Guide by Joshua P. Warren
This book is a very good source of a variety of ghost hunting methods. This book shows the tools needed and information about what to look for. - Eric
How to be a Ghost Hunter by Richard Southall
This is another good source of the step-by-step process of paranormal investigating. - Eric
The Ghost Hunter's Handbook: A Field Guide to the Paranormal by Lori Summers
This book is not recommended for the serious paranormal investigator. The book is a good source for the "weekend hobiest" but lacks any detailed or in-depth information needed for large scale professional investigations. - Eric